[Openstack-i18n] [OpenStack-docs] Status of the RST Documentation Toolchain

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Fri Apr 10 09:04:38 UTC 2015

Here are my thoughts.

1. I would like the toolchain could be extendable for the future
improvement.
If we are able to make small and easy improvements before publishing,
like handling double stars and double colons (described in [1]), let's do
that.
In the future, let's continue the improvement. The goal is to provide an
easily understandable source strings for translators.

2. I would like the translators to be well educated about the RST markups.
I will covert [2] into translators' view.
( I don't think translators would read through this long document to pick
out RST markups. )
Clearly list RST markups, give samples, and describe the meanings.
Thus the translators could easily understand which words and punctuation
characters
should not be translated and need to keep them unchanged carefully.

3. Next Thursday, I will have the team meeting with the translators. I will
collect their feedback to these RST markups.

@ Andreas and Anne, let me know your feeling tho these thoughts.

Daisy

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-i18n/2015-April/001030.html