[Openstack-i18n] User Guides Changes

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Thu Apr 9 07:36:03 UTC 2015

On 04/09/2015 09:22 AM, Tom Fifield wrote:
> On 09/04/15 15:19, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> On 04/09/2015 09:03 AM, Tom Fifield wrote:
>>> At a quick glance, I think the rst2pot tool probably needs some work to
>>> reduce the amount of markup that comes through.
>>>
>>> One low-hanging-fruit would be strings like:
>>>
>>> **Determine which flavor to use for your database**
>>>
>>> **Restore using incremental backups**
>>
>> We use upstream Sphinx tools here and nothing self-written, changes for
>> that tool might impact other projects using it.
>
> Simply: the lack of ability to make a simple modification like this is a
> significant regression from the existing documentation toolchain that
> needs to be fixed.

Tom, I disagree.

When Daisy wrote up the way we implemented the RST translation
toolchain, it was one of our goals to use what upstream delivers to have
less trouble with maintaining our own tools,

Here's what Daisy documented:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/I18n/Tools#Tools_related_with_RST_document_translation

And here's her patch to implement it:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/161662/

Andreas
    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
        Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)