[Openstack-i18n] Translation update process for stable branch(es)

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:09:51 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I can have time to read the meeting log of the I18N team this week [1].

According to the log, the team agreed that we maintain two resources
(1 stable + current)
for accepting translations. Now Juno is released, so we maintain
resources for Juno and current,
and we no longer accepts translations for Icehouse. I think it is reasonable.

According to this policy, we will delete havana and Icehouse
translations from Transifex. Right?

Now it raise me a couple of questions on how to handle Icehouse translations.

(1) Until when we accept Icehouse (previous current stable)?

My idea is we accept translations until the first stable update for Icehouse
after the new stable (Juno) is released, i.e, until Icehouse 2014.1.4.
By doing so, we don't lose Icehouse translations before Juno release.
I see Russian translation made a great progress after the last import
for Icehouse (2014.1.2)
and it is worth imported.

(2) When we remove the previous current stable (Icehouse) from Transifex?

My idea is just after the timing of (1), i.e., just after Icehouse
udpate 2014.1.4 is released.

Thought?

Note that the above proposal does not necessarily mean I can work for
importing them.

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/openstack_i18n_meeting/2014/openstack_i18n_meeting.2014-10-16-08.00.log.html