[Openstack-i18n] Translation gate for doc jobs

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Thu May 15 20:49:19 UTC 2014

Inspired by some discussions here at the summit, I'd like to setup some
translation gate for jobs.

Patch https://review.openstack.org/93526 (merged) sets up a test that
can be invoked with "tox -e checklang" which builds all "supported" manuals.

I propose the following:

* Setup checking/gating jobs that runs this test and mark it as non-voting.
* Create policy on how to handle failures.

Proposed policy:
* We only gate on manual/language combinations that are translated
sufficiently. Right now that's for openstack-manuals Japanese with the
Security Guide, HA Guide and Install Guides only.
* If an import from transifex fails, creates a failure, we do not
approve the import.
* If any other patch fails, the failure might get ignored.
* In any case of failure, let's send an email to the openstack-i18n
mailing list asking them to investigate and fix.

What do you think?

Andreas