[Openstack-i18n] Ironic's .po files contain only blank msgstr's

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 20:43:01 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I recently noticed that none of the ironic/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/ironic.po
files contain any translated strings, even though Jenkins is routinely
proposing updates. I looked a bit further into this, with a few pointers
from Clark, and it seems that the jenkins translation job is erroring out.
It claims there's a duplicate message, but I haven't been able to figure
out why. I've filed a bug here:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1298645

For quick reference, here's a link to the errors that we think are the
cause of this issue:

http://logs.openstack.org/periodic/ironic-propose-translation-update/6aed392/console.html#_2014-03-27_06_07_06_640

Then, today, I noticed that the same error also shows up in Nova and
Ceilometer's recent jobs. Here's an example from Nova.

http://logs.openstack.org/8d/8df565d39cd3216bde8488e656957a49dd6949fa/post/nova-upstream-translation-update/d8f54e6/console.html#_2014-03-28_17_45_32_985

I could use some help figuring this out. Since folks have been translating
strings for Ironic, I'd really like to be able to include that work in our
Icehouse release :)

Thanks much,
Devananda