[Openstack-i18n] django_openstack_auth translation setup?

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:45:06 UTC 2014

Hi Daisy,

upstream_translation_update.sh and propose_translation_update.sh
are general and IMO if we have special cases it is better to deal with it
by a separate script, in this case horizon_*.sh.
What do you think?

Besides that, django_openstack_auth is a bit special case for translations.
Strings in django_openstack_auth are visible through Horizon and from UX
perspective and most translation efforts are done as a part of
Dashboard translations,
so it sounds reasonable it is placed under Horizon project.

I would like to raise the following points to be discussed
related to django_openstack_auth translations.

- django_openstack_auth is a separate library and it is not controlled under
  OpenStack release cycle. Thus transifex resources with "havana" or
  OpenStack release code names looks inappropriate.
  Transifex resource management should match corresponding project
release cycle.
  At least "Havana - OpenStack Dashboard Authentication" on Transifex does not
  looks reasonable to me.

  I see some translation updates in "Havana - OpenStack Dashboard
Authentication "
  and changes are translation fixies. I just want to talk about how to
handle them:
  when should I propose a change to the upstream?

- Translation import timing:
  I am not sure automatic translation import is good or not.
  Now I18N and Horizon team do not use automatic import to control
translation quality.
  In Havana cycle, django_openstack_auth translation is controlled
with the same policy
  but if propose_translation_update.sh works translations are imported
automatically.
  Is it intended?

  Note that there are very few string changes in django_openstack_auth
  so this doesn't matter much.

>>> https://jenkins.openstack.org/job/django_openstack_auth-upstream-