[Openstack-i18n] .tx in git repository

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Mar 21 10:12:48 UTC 2014

On 03/21/2014 10:58 AM, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
> Sorry for replying a bit late, I just recently joined the list. Meanwhile, .tx
> was removed from openstack-manuals. However, I think the points raised by
> Akihiro Motoki haven't been answered. Previously unaware of this discussion, I
> submitted https://review.openstack.org/#/c/81839/.
>
> In short, .tx/config should really be versioned since it contains repo-specific
> file-paths. While of course this can be autogenerated in the infra job, it
> doesn't help people that want to use local tools (such as vi /
> $FAVORITE_PO_EDITOR) instead of the Transifex web-interface.

We faced a challenge with the infra job: The scripts currently assume
that .tx/config does not change. But whenever we created a new file, it
got updated and then the job failed since "git review" complained that
the tree was not clean. So, if we add .tx/config again, we should update
our scripts so that they handle creation of new manuals.

> This also raises the side-question if it is acceptable to submit reviews that
> add translations or if those should somehow be imported into Transifex web
> instead and fetched via the infra job?

The infra job should do the job IMHO - but many of these are not
properly setup or fail. For those failing, a review might be a quick
first-aid. If you want to help fixing the broken post jobs, check on
jenkins.openstack.org the translation jobs - and double check even the
working ones, some fail silently ;(

Andreas