[Openstack-i18n] Gating on string changes

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1 at srem.org
Thu Mar 6 08:35:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

continuing from todays meeting as I got caught up in work stuff (sorry Julie)
So the idea was that changes on stable/* and milestone/proposed would
run an additional gate job which would check for changes in strings
and if they detect one would add a -1 review on the patchset in gerrit
a new category.

An i18n team member could accept the freeze exception by adding a +1
and only changes with 0 in that gerrit review category would pass or
maybe a +1 if we settle on two members.

This is modelled loosely on the rules used by the GNOME project (which
I'm accustomed to, so forgive me the bias) described here:
https://wiki.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/Freezes
https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/HandlingStringFreezes

It just a thought of course, but seeing that the OpenStack project
community is more diverse adding gerrit/jenkins checks would be a nice
idea as enforcing an "send email" policy could be a lot harder.

Best regards,
--
Łukasz [DeeJay1] Jernaś