[Openstack-i18n] Where should bugs on translation reported to?

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 13:50:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

I would like to raise a question where we should report translation bug.

Horizon project sometimes receives bugs on translations of OpenStack
Dashboard. Horizon team notes the translation work is done on
Transifex and marks such bug as Invalid. For example,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1353344

However, I noticed we don't have a official place where translation
bug should be filed.
Transifex is a platform for translators and it is not a bug tracking system.
We already have "openstack-i18n" launchpad and can use it, but I am
not sure who triages bug reports constantly.

Handling translation bugs is not same as bug triaging in other
projects as we need per-language bug triaging team (in theory).

If we have a consensus on transltaion bug report, Horizon team can
forward bugs on translations to the system. Just marking translation
bugs as Invalid loses valuable bug reports and it is not good.

Thought?

I cannot join the I18N team meeting tomorrow due to meeting conflicts,
but I hope someone leads the discussion.