[Openstack-i18n] Regarding Adding Hindi Language to the icehouse Dashboard Translation release list

chandankumar chandankumar.093047 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 10:52:54 UTC 2014

Hello,

On 04/07/2014 01:28 PM, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
>> Akihiro, so which new languages do we now have for Horizon? German and
>> Hindi - or more?
> + Serbian
> I just sent another mail for the update.
> We can see all languages list in:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/85655/1/openstack_dashboard/settings.py
>
>> Chandan, I suggest you ask around for somebody to review what you did.
>> The German team is currently reviewing and it helped the strings.
> Yeah, Cross review is really useful. Japanese team did it too.
> We have a translation check site (I am running on a donated host to
> Japan Users Group)
> and can check translations without setting up Horizon locally.
> The detail instruction is:
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-i18n/2014-March/000420.html
>
> Thanks,
> Akihiro
>
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 4:49 PM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:
>> On 04/07/2014 08:31 AM, chandan kumar wrote:
>>> Hello Akihiro,
>>>
>>> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 8:45 AM, chandan kumar
>>> <chandankumar.093047 at gmail.com <mailto:chandankumar.093047 at gmail.com>>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>>      Hello,
>>>
>>>      On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 5:11 AM, Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com
>>>      <mailto:amotoki at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>          Hi,
>>>
>>>          Thanks for letting us know and your work. I can wait for a while
>>>          more :-)
>>>          What time is 1200PM IST in UTC?
>>>          1200PM is very confusing. Is it next to 11AM or 11PM?
>>>
>>>      It is next to 11 AM.
>>>      When it is done. i will let you know.
>>>

>>> Now i have completed icehouse translation 100 % horizon.
>>> Now you can add Hindi Language to the list.
>>> I have translated the icehouse branch why is it not sync with the havana
>>> and Jubo Branch.
>>> https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/horizon/language/hi/
>> Congratulations, Chandan!
>>
>> Akihiro, so which new languages do we now have for Horizon? German and
>> Hindi - or more?
>>
>> Chandan, I suggest you ask around for somebody to review what you did.
>> The German team is currently reviewing and it helped the strings.
Adding Rajesh Ranjan as a reviewer for the OpenStack Horizon Hindi
translation.
He is working as a Language Maintainer in Red Hat, Pune and as a Hindi
Translator, Coordinator and Maintainer for
various open Source Projects like : Openoffice, Gnome, Fedora Project,
Mozilla etc from more than 10 years.
He has also started FUEL project to solve the problem of inconsistency
and lack of standardization in software translation
across the platform.

For more:
1> https://www.transifex.com/accounts/profile/rajeshr/
2> http://www.rajeshranjan.in/
3> http://www.fuelproject.org/

We can get lots of feedback from him in shaping our Openstack i18n workflow.

Thanks,

Chandan Kumar