[Openstack-i18n] Log messages translation

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Sat Sep 28 23:41:38 UTC 2013

Actually, I'm with you, Łukasz.

We have done a wonderful job in Horizon translation in Havana release.
I hope to resolve this issue in IceHouse.
So that we can cover more components' translations in next release.

But I haven't a clear mind about how to handle this issue yet.
Remove _() from the log message?
Move to another translation domain?
Or introduce more configuration parameters to decide which level of log
messages will be shown in locale language?

I'm going to bring this discussion to the design summit.
Before that, we can have a sufficient discussion within I18n mail list at
first.

Regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-January/004259.html