[Openstack-i18n] Horizon translation importing policy for Havana RC1

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 06:37:12 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We discussed the criteria of importing Horizon translation for Havana RC1
and agreed that we will import only 100% translations at the last I18N meeting.

I have several questions to clarify.
What do you think? I would like to know opinions from I18N team?

(1) What is 100% translated?
    Does 100% mean that all **three** resources (Horizon, Horizon JavaScript,
    OpenStack Dashboard) are completed?

(2) Do we remove translations not completed (<100%) from Horizon repo?
    RC1 release is created from the repo. This means that if we don't remove
    them non-completed translations will be shipped in RC1.

(3) What should the language list of the user preference form be?
    I believe the default language list is important.
    - All 100% translated languages should be listed.
      Some languages needs to be added.
    - Non 100% translated languages should be removed or listed?
      If so what is the criteria? Over 50% on Transifex?

I would like to take care of importing translation into Horizon repo
as a Horizon core member.

Thanks,
Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com>