[Openstack-i18n] Strange source string on Transifex

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 22:26:37 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I experienced a strange problem in Horizon translation on Transifex.
"Horizon translations" has a string "Select a period of time to query its usage"
in horizon/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/django.po.
However I can't see the string and instead I see "Select a month of
time to query its usage".
The screenshot is here: http://i.imgur.com/pk1KNpA.png

Does anyone see the same thing?

(1) Open https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/horizon/
(2) Visit your language
(3) Goto "Horizon - Horizon Translations"
(4) Click the query form at upper left -> Specify "text: select"

I am not sure what is the reason.
One point I am afraid of is that English PO file in Horizon repository
has the following (fuzzy) entry. It may cause this issue.

The following are extracted from Horizon latest repository.

horizon/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/django.po
-----
#: templates/horizon/common/_usage_summary.html:5
#, fuzzy
msgid "Select a period of time to query its usage"
msgstr "Select a month to query its usage"
-----

horizon/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/django.po
-----
#: templates/horizon/common/_usage_summary.html:5
msgid "Select a period of time to query its usage"
msgstr "使用量を確認する月を選択してください"
-----

--
Akihiro MOTOKI <amotoki at gmail.com>