[Openstack-i18n] Horizon I18n update

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Wed Sep 11 06:24:27 UTC 2013

Hi, team

The strings of Horizon in Transifex have been updated.
A new resource "OpenStack Dashboard Authentication" is added
which includes the strings in the login page.

Although the string frozen day was passed, there may be string updates in
the future.
I will have you noticed when the strings are updated.

Based on the wiki page
"https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Havana_Release_Schedule",
Sep 26th is OpenStack RC1 day. So we will make Sep 24 as our deadline of
translation work.
We will look into Transifex to see which languages are 100% translated and
ready to be merged.
And then hope we can finish the merge with the help of Horizon team in 2
days.
Thus our translations will be released together with RC1.

I hope to pick out at least two languages and do the Horizon I18n test, in
order to
verify the strings in web UI are correctly displayed as its translation.
The I18n test should be done as early as possible, in order to save enough
time for developers
to fix bugs if we can find any.
I have written down the guidelines for Horizon I18n test.
https://github.com/OpenStack-I18n/Translation/wiki/Horizon-I18n-Test
If you are interested in that, if you want to see how Horizon run in your
own language, you can try.
And, Don't forget to report bugs if you find any.

Feel free to discuss within the mailing list if you meet with problems or
have questions.

Regards