[Openstack-i18n] new contributor

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Mon Sep 2 07:45:29 UTC 2013

We definitely appreciate your efforts :)

OpenStack has many user groups all over the world [1], but as far as I
am aware there are none in Nepal. So, you are very welcome to start one!

We have started a page with a number of resources to help starting a new
user group [2], but probably the biggest piece of advice is to find some
like-minded people to help. Normally looking for people at the existing
Linux community (since it has Open Source philosophy) and Python group
(OpenStack is written in Python) is a good place to start.

Stefano and myself are the Community Managers working for the OpenStack
foundation, and we're here to help. You should consider joining the
mailing list for these community group discussions[3] and announce your
intentions there and on the general mailing list[4].

OpenStack has the mission of being ubiquitous, so of course a strong
community in Nepal is important! Let us know how we can help you further.

In terms of other fields of contributions, you have many options. If you
are interested writing software in Python there's a lot you can do[5],
or if you don't feel like coding there are also many areas [6]. So it
depends on your interest ...

Regards,

Tom

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStackUserGroups