[Openstack-i18n] Bugs in I18n areas

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Wed Nov 27 02:58:48 UTC 2013

On 26/11/13 23:45, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> One question on bug management.
>
> In common workflow in OpenStack, each bug is associated with a project
> which has a cause of the bug,
> and when a fix for the bug is proposed or merged the status of the bug
> will be updated.
> On the other hand, openstack-i18n launchpad is not associated with an
> actual project,
> and it means status of all bugs needs to be managed manually.
> Who manages reported bug? Who triages bugs and associates them
> with proper OpenStack projects/programs?
>
> I think most Horizon developers (including me) do not care launchpad-i18n bugs
> though I am taking care of "i18n" tag in Horizon bug.
> Increasing the number of places to be checked does not work at least to me.
> I prefer to adding "i18n" tag to bugs in each project and believe it
> works better.
>
> The following URL lists all open bugs in Horizon related to I18N.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bugs?field.tag=i18n
>
> P.S.
> I think launchpad-i18n works for bugs and blueprints as umbrella
> across multiple projects
> because it makes it easy for I18N team to track their status.

Agreed - it's useful to have the information for both purposes.

I have some experience with bug triage, I'm happy to help out doing some
reviewing, linking etc if you wish.

Perhaps we need to create (or re-use) a launchpad team to fill in the
"bug supervisor" slot, so multiple people can set the status of the
bugs, rather than just one person as it is now.