[Openstack-i18n] Bugs in I18n areas

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 12:45:01 UTC 2013

One question on bug management.

In common workflow in OpenStack, each bug is associated with a project
which has a cause of the bug,
and when a fix for the bug is proposed or merged the status of the bug
will be updated.
On the other hand, openstack-i18n launchpad is not associated with an
actual project,
and it means status of all bugs needs to be managed manually.
Who manages reported bug? Who triages bugs and associates them
with proper OpenStack projects/programs?

I think most Horizon developers (including me) do not care launchpad-i18n bugs
though I am taking care of "i18n" tag in Horizon bug.
Increasing the number of places to be checked does not work at least to me.
I prefer to adding "i18n" tag to bugs in each project and believe it
works better.

The following URL lists all open bugs in Horizon related to I18N.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bugs?field.tag=i18n

P.S.
I think launchpad-i18n works for bugs and blueprints as umbrella
across multiple projects
because it makes it easy for I18N team to track their status.