[Openstack-i18n] Translation update in Havana stable release

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1 at srem.org
Sat Dec 7 22:20:58 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 8:31 AM, Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com> wrote:
> * Horizon Translation
>   The change is special and you don't see any untranslated strings.
>   Previously the string "%(action)s %(data_type)s" is used in two contexts and
>   it is hard to translate it appropriately in some languages.
>   To address this Horizon team add "context marker" to the string
> "%(action)s %(data_type)s".
>   Now you can assign different strings
>
>   How to use:
>   Horizon Translation now has two entries "%(action)s %(data_type)s".
>   If you show "Detail" in Translation view, you will find "Context"
> field has a value "present" or "past".
>    Context "present" : Used in "Table Action" and "Confirm" pop-up menu.
>    Context "past" : Used in completion pop-up (success message)

Hi Akihiro,

Somehow I think this change doesn't do what it is supposed to do, or
just I can't wrap my head around this.
Can you show us some examples on how it can be used based on real
strings in the translation? Or is it just those two strings in the
Horizon module which can be changed?

Best regards,
--
Łukasz [DeeJay1] Jernaś