[Openstack-i18n] Translation update in Havana stable release

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 07:31:23 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Some additions on Havana translation update from me.

* Translation Update Deadline for Havana update
* Source Language Update (particularly related to Horizon)

== Translation Update Deadline and Importing Policy ==

As you see the thread with stable-maintenance team, we got +3 days
after stable freeze.
I would like to set the deadline to Dec 8th 1800UTC.

After the deadline I will import the latest translations from Transifex.
All languages shipped as a part of Havana release will be automatically updated
and there is no need to inform it to me. I don't see any big progress
in other languages
and the language list will be unchanged.

== Source Language Update ==

Some patches of string improvements/fixes were just merged into
stable/havana a couple of hours ago.
I regenerate POT files and just pushed it to Transifex.
The following two resources are updated.
The change in Horizon translations is different as usual, so I will
describe the detail below.

* Horizon Translation
  The change is special and you don't see any untranslated strings.
  Previously the string "%(action)s %(data_type)s" is used in two contexts and
  it is hard to translate it appropriately in some languages.
  To address this Horizon team add "context marker" to the string
"%(action)s %(data_type)s".
  Now you can assign different strings

  How to use:
  Horizon Translation now has two entries "%(action)s %(data_type)s".
  If you show "Detail" in Translation view, you will find "Context"
field has a value "present" or "past".
   Context "present" : Used in "Table Action" and "Confirm" pop-up menu.
   Context "past" : Used in completion pop-up (success message)

* OpenStack Dashboard Translation
  As usual, you can see untranslated strings on Transifex.
  Most additions are strings in the Summary CSV file.

Regards,
Akihiro