[Openstack-i18n] [Openstack-stable-maint] stable/havana Horizon translation update: FFE possibility?

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 06:55:16 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Alan Pevec <apevec at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/12/5 Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com>:
>> Patches tend to be merged until just before freeze and there is a few
>> chance for translators
>> to make translations up-to-date, but I have no good idea on how to
>> improve the process.
>> At least requesting FFE every time is not a good idea and we need some
>> consensus on the process.
>
> I don't see other way around it, translators definitely need freeze to
> finish their work, but that hopefully means only few last-minute
> string changes.
> I'd propose we simply introduce translations update as a part of the
> release process at, say, freeze+3 days.
> Would that work for i18n team?

I believe it works and is reasonable way.
Changes will be small and 3 days are enough.

>>> To allow translators to update and validate their translations,
>>> I would like to request FFE of updating Horizon translations
>>> My current plan is to propose a patch of translation update Sunday.
>>> The patch update POT files (source language, English) and PO files of
>>> each languages.
>>> (Note that the patch is not a backport and proposed to stable/havana directly
>>> since strings are different in both branches.)
>
> This plan sounds good to me and makes sense to be regular for each
> release, IIRC it was already done for some of the paste stable
> releases?

I did the same a few times, but I18N did not organized at that time.
During Havana cycle, I18N team started to work as a community and the
number of languages increases,
so I think it is time to have a consensus and make translation update

>>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/58139/
>>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/59916/
>
> Approved excpet last one which is missing 2nd +2.

Really appreciated.

Regards,
Akihiro