[openstack-hpc] How are you using OpenStack for your HPC workflow? (We're looking at Ironic!)

Jerome Pansanel jerome.pansanel at iphc.cnrs.fr
Wed Jan 14 07:49:02 UTC 2015

Hi Jonathon,

At France Grilles, we are using SlipStream to deploy Torque or Hadoop
Cluster on our Cloud instances. It is very convenient for users, and can
also be used as Cloud Broker.

This solution works pretty well. We have launched a 'Cloud Challenge'
call last year to choose a scientific project that could use all our
Cloud Computing resources (thousands of VMs spread over 5 datacenters,
not all are running OpenStack). A project has been selected end of
December and will start this month. It will use SlipStream to manage the
VMs. If people are interested, I can give a feedback once the contest is
over.

Cheers,

Jerome Pansanel