[openstack-hpc] CPU intensive apps on OpenStack

Jake Carroll zebra.x0r at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:44:18 UTC 2015

Hi.

As an aside, I¹d like to add a +1 for a meet up to discuss such things in
Vancouver. It would be cool if we could get a meeting room with a few of us
together as a focus groupŠ

Thanks.

-jc

From:  Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch>
Date:  Wednesday, 15 April 2015 22:30
To:  "openstack-hpc at lists.openstack.org" <openstack-hpc at lists.openstack.org>
Subject:  [openstack-hpc] CPU intensive apps on OpenStack

Has anyone got suggestions on tuning KVM/OpenStack for running CPU/memory
intensive workloads ?

There seem to be some standard recommendations like disable EPT in intel-kvm
but finding the right combinations of CPU pinning / numa passthrough to get
the best performance from the underlying processor has many alternatives.

Tim
OpenStack-HPC at lists.openstack.org