[openstack-hpc] HPC-BOF: meet in the Marketplace charging lounge Monday @ 6:30PM (Happy Hour)

Brian Schott brian.schott at nimbisservices.com
Thu May 8 20:10:12 UTC 2014

Let's meet in the charging lounge in the OpenStack Marketplace at 6:30PM.  Maybe we can figure out what session to crash later in the week!

Monday, May 12 • 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Expo Hall Booth Crawl Happy Hour
http://sched.co/1jy66je

Brian

Andrew J. Younge - Indiana University - ajyounge at indiana.edu<mailto:ajyounge at indiana.edu> - maybe?
Brian Schott - Nimbis Services - brian.schott at nimbisservices.com<mailto:brian.schott at nimbisservices.com> + 3 developers
Prakashan Korambath ppk at ucla.edu<mailto:ppk at ucla.edu> :  I am specifically interested in learning about the IB SR-IOV implementation.  I know people have done it, but if somebody has experience with it please give us a presentation.  Also, if you guys can share your neutron network configuration set up that would be great as well. Heat orchestration to deploy a small cluster will be of interest to me as well.    If  you are using Chef or Puppet to maintain your set up please give a presentation as well.  Thanks.
Mehdi Denou - mehdi.denou at gmail.com<mailto:mehdi.denou at gmail.com> : I will not be present but I hope the presentation (at least pdf or anything else) will be available after the conference :) thanks.
Scott McMillan - Intel - scott.a.mcmillan at intel.com<mailto:scott.a.mcmillan at intel.com> : +1 to bare metal related topics
Tim Bell - CERN - tim.bell at cern.ch<mailto:tim.bell at cern.ch>
Theodore Omtzigt - theo at stillwater-sc.com<mailto:theo at stillwater-sc.com>: I am interested in HPC application orchestration and integration with OpenStack. In particular, VM affinity control of MPMD style MPI programs, but also the use of Linux containers and Docker style environments for hardware accelerated infrastructures.
Stephen Gordon - sgordon at redhat.com: Interested in understanding how HPC users are using OpenStack today and the kind of gaps that they would like to see filled in the future. Particularly interested in NUMA awareness and SR-IOV.
Debo Dutta - dedutta A.T. cisco DTCOM: Am interested in cross services scheduling techniques that span both virtual and bare metal.
Scott Devoid - Argonne National Lab - devoid at anl.gov<mailto:devoid at anl.gov>
Doron Fediuck - dfediuck at redhat.com<mailto:dfediuck at redhat.com> interestend in NUMA implementations, as well as other performance related sessions.

Brian Schott, CTO
Nimbis Services, Inc.