[openstack-hpc] Looking for practical Openstack + Ceph guidance for shared HPC

Brian Schott brian.schott at nimbisservices.com
Thu Jul 25 20:30:03 UTC 2013

Joshua,

It is something those of us working the gap between HPC and cloud have struggled with.  We lack a strong project team within OpenStack IMHO, although there are several small groups doing HPC with OpenStack.  Hopefully others will chime in on some other topics, such as Infiniband support, but we did some testing with a GRID K2 card for GPU pass-through with different hypervisors.  A talk I gave at the OpenStack DC meetup is here:
http://www.slideshare.net/bfschott/nimbis-schott-openstackgpustatus20130618

The short GPU answer is that it is possible with Xen, XenCenter, and XCP to passthrough GPUs today, but OpenStack doesn't have support by default in Nova.  This is still in a roll-your-own mode for deployment.

Brian

Brian Schott, CTO
Nimbis Services, Inc.
brian.schott at nimbisservices.com