[OpenStack-docs] Where does pdflatex see 'os-doc-demo.tex'?

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Fri May 26 00:01:02 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Ian Y. Choi <ianyrchoi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Anne,
>
> I think you want to generate a PDF for "os-doc-demo" which is in
> openstackdocstheme :)

You got it!

> In my opinion, the problem is that pdflatex command cannot be found when
> make command is being executed, since the error message looks that
> pdflatex command
> cannot be found, not os-doc-demo.tex command cannot be found.
>
> 1. Please check whether os-doc-demo.tex file exists or not in
> doc/build/pdf folder. It should exist after executing sphinx-build
> : http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstackdocstheme/
> tree/tox.ini#n28

Yep, I see os-doc-demo.tex in the doc/build/pdf folder.

> 2. Would you let me know where pdflatex command locates in your mac
> environment?
> Building PDFs on Mac environment was fine when I tested with mactex package
> directly downloaded from https://www.tug.org/mactex/ .

Hm, must be a symlink problem. What does this mean exactly?

$ ls -la
/Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/Programs/texbin/pdflatex

lrwxr-xr-x  1 agentle  wheel  6 May 25 14:47
/Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/Programs/texbin/pdflatex ->
pdftex

Thanks for the help Ian!
Anne