[OpenStack-docs] [openstack-doc] [dev] Newsletter apologies

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Tue May 2 10:39:14 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I apologise for not having sent out a doc newsletter most recently to keep you all up to date. Unfortunately, the OSIC news was a blow and has taken over my current set of priorities for now.

I’ve had several people reach out to me with offers of help, and some questions. Firstly, thank you to all those who have stepped up and contributed recently, it is highly appreciated.

Secondly, a few questions to answer…

1.       “What does this mean for the documentation team?”

a.       At the moment, this means that we keep going along as we have always been. We have lost some amazing people, but we are not the only project this affects. This is now a great time for us to all pull our resources together and help each other out.

2.       “What does this mean for the core team?”

a.       There is no change to the core team for the moment. Unless someone is to stand up and make me aware that they are no longer able to fulfill their duties, there will be no immediate changes to the core team.

3.       “What is the future of OpenStack docs?”

a.       This is not up to me, it’s up to everyone in the community ☺

4.       “Does this affect you?”

a.       Sadly, the OSIC changes did affect me. My role within OSIC was made redundant. However, I can now say that I have accepted another position within Rackspace. My boss has very kindly agreed to let me continue working upstream for a percentage of my time allocation. This does mean I will be a lot less visible, but I will definitely be around for the remainder of the Pike release.

In my previous email, I suggested we disband the specialty teams until further notice. Since there were no objections to this move, I will disband the teams effective immediately. If all specialty leads could please send the doc ML an update of what they are currently working on, that would be appreciated (thanks to all those who have currently done so).
Please see: https://review.openstack.org/461723

The documentation meeting and the newsletter will go ahead as normal this week. I will send out the reminder later in the week.

Any questions or concerns, reach out to me ☺

Thanks,

Alex