[OpenStack-docs] [openstack-doc] ToC arrangement

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Tue Mar 28 11:55:52 UTC 2017

On 03/28/2017 11:32 AM, Alexandra Settle wrote:
> Hey team,
>

> Is there any historical reason why we separate our index pages into
> /Content/, /Appendix,/ /Glossary, Search/ rather than having one ToC?
> For example: https://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide/
>

> Darren Chan proposed an Arch Guide patch
> (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/450084/) where a discussion was
> brought up about it.
>

> Quoting Darren, “Because visually, it looks terrible. Why can't we
> integrate those sections in one toctree?”

I think the idea was to have "Parts" here to differentiate Appendix from
the rest of the chapters.

> I completely agree. But if there’s a reason we arranged it as such,
> would be really interested to know!

If we change it, let's change it everywhere.

So, make a single change that updates all manuals in openstack-manuals -
and another one  for security guide and one for the api-site manuals.

So far, there's no change up to show how it could look otherwise. Why
not create a WIP change for one guide that just rearranges and show that
- and then let's discuss more? If everybody is fine, amend and change all...

        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)