[OpenStack-docs] merging this list with openstack-dev

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Thu Jul 27 08:50:18 UTC 2017

I also agree :)

Let’s aim to make this change permanent with the beginning of Queens. We can finalise all conversations regarding the migration in this ML (specific to the docs team), and ensure this change is communicated.

Thanks for bringing this up, Doug :)

    On 2017-07-26 18:06, Doug Hellmann wrote:
    > Now that most of the documentation content has moved into the repos
    > managed by project teams, coordinating closely with them is going
    > to be even more important than it has been in the past. One way to
    > make that easier would be to merge this list into the openstack-dev
    > list, where most of our other contributors are already subscribed,
    > to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to see docs-related
    > discussions (not that subscribing to this list is exclusive, but I
    > doubt most contributors are here, and I can imagine that some have
    > input into the "strategic direction" thread [1]).
    >
    > I realize that means that many folks who are primarily on this list
    > will potentially end up dealing with a lot more incoming mail, but
    > if we are consistent with the use of a [docs] subject tag it is
    > possible to limit your subscriptions to only messages using that
    > tag and not have the volume grow to an unmanageable level.
    >
    > What do folks think of this idea? How many of you are already
    > subscribed to openstack-dev?

    I'm subscribed to openstack-dev.

    With the smaller team and changed focus, I agree that the bet that
    moving to openstack-dev will help to increase visibility is worth taking ;)

           HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)