[OpenStack-docs] Install Guide - troubleshooting section?

Amy Marrich amy at demarco.com
Fri Apr 7 16:35:44 UTC 2017

So this week there was a post about rabbitmq connecting locally on nova
after an upgrade to Ocata. A day or so later I had someone running through
my Install OpenStack Newton course run into the same issue but on neutron.
The fix was to add the transport_url under [oslo_messaging_notifications]
and not just in [DEFAULT] in both cases. This doesn't even touch on the
never bugged need for a newer version of pyelibc and liberasurecode1 for
swift on ubuntu which has now been updated as I mentioned it in passing to
Corey while working on something else.

Many people are not on openstack-dev and we have folks asking and solving
questions there as well as on ask.o.o, and the openstack and
openstack-operators lists. And just cause we work around it doesn't mean
new folks can do the same.

So my question to everyone is do we need a section in the docs for 'You May
Need to Do This' type settings like the first example, as well as chown on
directories for cinder, etc. if we see it come up more then once or if we
'work around it' during our own testing/installations.

Thoughts?

Amy (aka spotz)