[OpenStack-docs] [openstack-doc] Update OpenStack logos

Wes Wilson wes at iamweswilson.com
Wed Apr 5 20:47:25 UTC 2017

Hey Anne! At this stage of the game, the best route would probably be to
replace the logo with the updated one. I have attached a zip with the logos
for ya. Dropping these in the folder to replace the others should do the
trick. I included svg version as well, in case you want to work those in
like on openstack.org.

The style guide is in progress, but not published. To be honest, it won’t
have an updated header just yet. We can work with you to update the nav
styles for JOIN/LOG IN and the responsive menu for now. Does that work?

Wes

On April 5, 2017 at 7:54:18 AM, Anne Gentle (annegentle at justwriteclick.com)
wrote:

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Jimmy McArthur <jimmy at openstack.org> wrote:

> I've forwarded this thread to Todd Morey and Wes Wilson, our design team
> for comment specifically regarding the style guide. Please see below for
> some additional thoughts.

Thanks Jimmy! And hi Todd and Wes. :) BCCed ya.

> Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com>
> April 5, 2017 at 9:23 AM
> I am not sure it is better which mail I should respond in this thread.
> There was a similar discussion in the i18n review on project mascots.
>
> Both OpenStack logos and project mascots are designed by the OpenStack
> foundation.
> It would be really nice if the Foundation makes the logos and mascot
> images on some places in xxx.openstack.org websites
> and individual projects can consume them under the proper license.
> If so, individual projects do not need to have copies of logos/mascots
> in individual git repositories.
>
> For the OpenStack logo, you can go here: https://www.openstack.org/
> brand/openstack-logo  For the docs.openstack.org header, simply replacing
> the current logo with https://www.openstack.org/themes/openstack/images/
> openstack-logo-full.svg should be enough.

Not really, our theme has some different labels, such as JOIN and LOG IN
that need to change to MY ACCOUNT. Who can we reach out to if we run into
difficulty? You, Todd, or Wes?

Here's a screenshot showing the differences:
http://prnt.sc/ess665

Thanks for the prompt reply and assistance.

Anne