[OpenStack-docs] What's Up, Doc? 23 September

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Sep 23 05:27:29 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

Newton goes out in just two weeks, and the release team and I have been busy working through release tasks in preparation. Don't forget that you can contact any of us (or just send mail to the docs mailing list) if you have any questions about the Newton docs release.

I'm also pleased to announce that I have been returned as the documentation PTL for Ocata, which will be my fourth term. Thanks for all the support!

== Progress towards Newton ==

12 days to go!

Bugs closed so far: 455

Release managers: Olena Logvinova and Alexandra Settle

Release tasks are being tracked here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/NewtonRelease

Install Guide testing is being tracked here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/NewtonDocTesting

== The Road to Barcelona ==

* I have a draft schedule starting to take shape, which you can see here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Ocata-DocsSessions I'll put this into Sched once the tool becomes available, and your early feedback is welcome. Additionally, if you're interested in moderating a session in Barcelona, please let me know.
* By now, you should be well on the way to having your travel and accommodation booked for Barcelona. In case you're still working on it, though, there's travel information available on the Summit site here: https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/travel/
* Looking a little further forward, Foundation have now announced that the first Project Team Gathering (PTG) will be held in Atlanta, US, on Feb 20-24: http://www.openstack.org/ptg

== Doc team meeting ==

Next meetings:

The APAC meeting was skipped this week.

Next meetings:
US: Wednesday 28 September, 19:00 UTC
APAC: Wednesday 5 October, 00:30 UTC

These two meetings will be the final meetings before release day.

Please go ahead and add any agenda items to the meeting page here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting#Agenda_for_next_meeting

--

Keep on doc'ing!

Lana