[OpenStack-docs] First Murano App getting started guide

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Thu Sep 15 06:36:58 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-14 11:32, Evgeniy Mashkin wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'd like to publish First Murano App getting started guide on
> developers.openstack.org <http://developers.openstack.org>. The main
> purpose of this article is to facilitate the learning process for Murano
> App newcome developers and show how it's easy to create a Murano App for
> their own cloud applications.
> I intend to use this structure
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/17XatsZ-qJgPtHq_CMHiu4yU88x7TKL-kjzR1qK4Hqjo/edit?usp=sharing>
> for First Murano App getting started guide. Does it fit my first app
> structure? You're welcome to comment on it.

The FirstApp guide has a different target than what you describe, I
suggest to name your guide differently.

> The another question I have is what the right steps to commit this
> guide. Marcela already has given me some information. If I got her right
> I should produce the following steps:
>
> 1. Create a new directory for First Murano App guide in the root of
> openstack/api-site repository. For example "firstapp-murano". Its
> structure should be the same as firstapp directory has:
> https://github.com/openstack/api-site/tree/master/firstapp
> 2. Include the folder with First Murano App guide in documentation builder.
> https://github.com/openstack/api-site/blob/master/tools/build-firstapp-rst.sh

We build from one directory several guides - for building from a
separate dir, use tools/build-all-rst.sh.

> 3. Update tox.ini file to add First Murano App guide for testing.
> https://github.com/openstack/api-site/blob/master/tox.ini

> Please, correct me if I'm wrong and give me initial feedback. Then I'm
> going to send it on review with workflow -1, so we can discuss
> particular commit at review.openstack.org <http://review.openstack.org>.

I'd like to see a spec for this kind of work - and consider this an
Ocata delivery,

       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)