[OpenStack-docs] Need help with FirstApp Doc for heat

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Sat Sep 3 01:23:54 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Sterrett, Craig <craig.sterrett at intel.com>
wrote:

> Hi Anne
>

> I agree that our users are more likely using puppet or ansible, but from
> other projects I have received feedback to not include non-OpenStack
> projects in my samples.  Yes cloud-init is not really OpenStack either, but
> it is packaged into all of the “cloud images” that people utilize.  That’s
> the reason for my selecting cloud-init.  If others feel that including
> puppet or ansible  would be acceptable, the I could certainly add that as
> an example later.

Sorry, I'm afraid I'm sidetracking you and I don't mean to. Your content
focus areas are fine.

You need somewhere to write a heat example for the fractals app. I'm saying
either add a new "deployment" chapter to the First App guide with no
conditionals in that chapter, and output it with every SDK, or avoid a
guide with conditionals completely and add a "deployment" chapter to that.
For example, the user-guide could use such a chapter.

What do you think of those ideas?

--
Anne Gentle
www.justwriteclick.com