[OpenStack-docs] how is cli-ref generated?

Steve Martinelli s.martinelli at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 21:30:23 UTC 2016

cc'ed dtroyer (osc ptl)

Duplication is a part of Akihiro's initial comment, and I think the the OSC
shouldn't maintain it's own copy of this, but rather redirect to the docs
page. I'd be more than happy to get rid of the OSC docs, before doing that
I did a quick comparison between
http://docs.openstack.org/cli-reference/openstack.html and
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/python-openstackclient/command-list.html

The only information that I see missing is that in the OSC docs we mark
some options (and commands) as being specific to an API version. For
instance, in "volume type create", the description, public, private, and
project options are only supported for the Volume V2 API (we (OSC) can't do
anything about this limitation). We document this limitation as such here:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/python-openstackclient/command-objects/volume-type.html#volume-type-create
but it is not reflected here:
http://docs.openstack.org/cli-reference/openstack.html#openstack-volume-type-create

If we can resolve this issue, then I think we can remove the docs from OSCs
page.