[OpenStack-docs] Changes to the install guides syntax.

Pranav Salunke dguitarbite at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 08:51:38 UTC 2016

Hello,

> These changes are only for parsing the commands?
> > There is some work to help not copying # and $ for root and
> > non-root commands.

That is the intention, '#' gets translated into 'sudo| su -c root' and '$'
runs
it as normal user.

> > Should we push similar changes to project-specific ITs?
> > If yes, only on master or stable/newton too?
>
> We still haven't merged the tool and linter, so my proposal is to get
> everything in and working in openstack-manuals and if that one works
> fine, do the same changes for the project-specific install-guides.
>
> right now I think it's to early to expand the scope, let's first see
> this gives us the expected benefit.

I agree, it is better to wait for all the bits to be merged tested and
validated
along side install guides. The concept on paper seems to be quite good,
but things that go wrong while in ops are yet to be figured out and
learnt. Once we have this stabilized in the openstack-manuals repo
it gets simpler to push it to project specific i-g's.

Thanks for taking a look into this!

Regards,
Pranav