[OpenStack-docs] [user-guide] Python SDK examples

Everett Toews everett.toews at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue May 24 14:57:28 UTC 2016

> On May 24, 2016, at 8:46 AM, Anne Gentle <annegentle at justwriteclick.com> wrote:
>
> So, if your per-service guides are good, then maybe it's better to delete these examples than to add to content technical debt. Does anyone have opinions here? On the user-committee list we're also talking about redesigning the landing page, perhaps we'll get some discussion on how to enable more SDK examples.

The Python SDK user guides live here [1] (source code at [5]). The examples live here [2].

The examples are literally woven into the user guides. For example, the compute user guide [3]. The example code you see in that guide is literally the example code from [2]. All Python SDK examples are tested on every code push via the gate.

I recommend taking the examples at [4] and translating them into examples at [2] and including them in the docs at [5].

Thanks,
Everett

[1] http://developer.openstack.org/sdks/python/openstacksdk/users/index.html#user-guides
[2] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/python-openstacksdk/tree/examples