[OpenStack-docs] What's Up, Doc? 20 May 2016

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri May 20 04:48:22 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I've been struck down by the dreaded flu this week, so it's been a bit quiet around here. I have, however, crawled out from under the tissues, throat lozenges, and episodes of Containment to pen my regular newsletter for you. See how dedicated I am to the cause? ;)

The biggest updates this week have been on the API side of the ship, with the api-site bug list cleared out. Well done to Anne and Atsushi-san for the heavy lifting there. We also saw a lot of speciality team meetings kick off again this week, with more coming next week, so keep an eye on the mailing list and your ical for the projects you're interested in. We have also now hit our stride on the regular docs meetings, with the APAC meeting held this week, and the US one rolling around again next week. If you're a docs cross-project liaison, make sure you check out the timing and pick one that works for you, so we can make sure we're discussing *your* project.

== Progress towards Newton ==

138 days to go!

Bugs closed so far: 89

Newton deliverables https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/NewtonDeliverables
Feel free to add more detail and cross things off as they are achieved throughout the release. I will also do my best to ensure it's kept up to date for each newsletter.

== Speciality Team Reports ==

'''HA Guide: Bogdan Dobrelya'''
No report this week.

'''Install Guide: Lana Brindley'''
Meetings start up next week: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#Documentation_Install_Team_Meeting
Cookie cutter has been merged, repo here: http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/installguide-cookiecutter/
Need to merge spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/310588

'''Networking Guide: Edgar Magana'''
We have successfully changed the bi-weekly meeting schedule from odd to even weeks.
There will not be meeting this week. Next meeting will be on June 2nd.

'''Security Guide: Nathaniel Dillon'''
No report this week.

'''User Guides: Joseph Robinson'''
Team Meeting restarted - Just me this week, I'll send a summary to the mailing list to keep everyone up to date, and if anyone is interested in joining in.
Python SDK file moving - one item left from the Mitaka patch - Finding a location to move these files - dev and doc mailing list email forthcoming on where to put these files.

'''Ops Guide: Shilla Saebi'''
No report this week.

'''API Guide: Anne Gentle'''
The extension, os-api-ref, is now available via Pypi so that all projects can re-use it with test-requirements.txt. Thanks Sean Dague for this effort!
Several projects have reviews in progress for their API reference conversion: glance https://review.openstack.org/#/c/312259/, manila https://review.openstack.org/#/c/313874, neutron https://review.openstack.org/#/c/314819, swift https://review.openstack.org/#/c/312315/,  trove https://review.openstack.org/#/c/316381. (There are probably more but those are on my radar).
Please review the response code table at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/318281/ and http://i.imgur.com/onsRFtI.png for your use cases for API reference docs.

'''Config/CLI Ref: Tomoyuki Kato'''
No report this week.

'''Training labs: Pranav Salunke, Roger Luethi'''
No report this week.

'''Training Guides: Matjaz Pancur'''
Work on the slides for Training guides (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/295016/)
Feedback about Upstream training in Austin (see http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/training_guides/2016/training_guides.2016-05-16-17.02.html)

'''Hypervisor Tuning Guide: Blair Bethwaite
Hi! I'm going to try looking after this for a while as Joe focuses on other things. Not promising much at this point beyond a little wiki gardening, but longer term I hope to align it with some activities in the scientific-wg (which I'm co-chairing with Stig Telfer), and it will probably become a point of reference for some of the activities we already have planned this cycle.

'''UX/UI Guidelines: Michael Tullis, Stephen Ballard'''
No report this week.

== Site Stats ==

While 90% of our readers have their browsers set to US English, just under 8% browse in Chinese, and a mere 0.15% use British English. That last one might be just me ;)

== Doc team meeting ==

Next meetings:

The APAC meeting was held this week, you can read the minutes here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MeetingLogs#2016-05-18

Next meetings: