[OpenStack-docs] Style column in OpenStack API docs

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu May 19 23:33:19 UTC 2016

On 05/19/2016 12:30 PM, Henry Fourie wrote:
> Anne,
>
>     Thanks, just what I needed. In the Compute API, the Type column does
> not appear to have a ‘uuid’
>
> value. I see ‘string’ in cases where the type is obviously uuid. Is that
> an oversight?

No. Type is supposed to be a json valid type, we're using a snippet of
the swagger schema for parameters to try to introduce swagger like
elements to people (even though we're not using the whole thing)
https://github.com/openstack/os-api-ref/blob/master/doc/source/usage.rst
(as soon as https://review.openstack.org/#/c/318388/ lands it will be on
d.o.o)

https://github.com/OAI/OpenAPI-Specification/blob/master/versions/2.0.md#parameter-object

We've also added "object" to that list. It doesn't exist in swagger
because when you point to an object it's a whole other $ref in a
different part of the tree. Which starts getting complicated enough that
it becomes less clear to folks how to fix issues.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net