[OpenStack-docs] Removal of DocBook XML toolchain - and trove

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Fri May 13 22:50:12 UTC 2016

I have been working with Laurel to get the build working in the trove
context. Getting there, I believe.

I would expect with that patch, the CONTRIBUTING.rst will also be changed
to remove the Maven instructions and delete the apidocs directory.

Here's hoping we'll have a patch up next week.
Anne

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:

> Laurel,
>
> we've discussed in Austin - also with Amrith - that we (docs team) will
> soon remove the DocBook XML publishing toolchain. Currently, we're
> converting the last manuals from DocBook XML to RST and once that is done,
> none of our Newton deliverables will use DocBook XML.
>
> We will continue using our tools on the kilo and liberty branches but
> those are in maintenance and will not see much work. We will use a frozen
> version of our toolchain for the builds until we abandon those branches.
>
> trove still has in apidocs an XML document that uses our toolchain. Could
> you convert this to RST in this cycle, please? If there is anything we can
> help you with, please ask - we can for sure explain out what we did as
> conversion and help.
>
> Looking at apidocs, it uses wadls etc. So, please check what Sean and Anne
> are doing with api-site.
>
> Andreas
> --
>  Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter: jaegerandi
>   SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
>    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
>        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
>     GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

Anne Gentle
www.justwriteclick.com