[OpenStack-docs] [openstack-dev] [api] [senlin] [keystone] [ceilometer] [telemetry] Questions about api-ref launchpad bugs

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Tue May 10 13:12:12 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 10 2016, Anne Gentle wrote:

> Ceilometer -- sorry, Julien, I hadn't reached out individually to you.
> Could you let me know your plans for the RST API reference docs?

For Gnocchi and Aodh, we want to move to whatever the new format is and
build a reference description in our tree (so we can maintain and update
it as we go). I heard Swagger is the way to go, so that's we're going to
look into – unless someone redirects us.

For examples of usage of our APIs, we have a documentation built
dynamically within the documentation for Gnocchi (see
http://gnocchi.xyz/rest.html). Real HTTP calls are being made to
generate that documentation, so no replies are hand written. That makes
us sure that the documentation is always up-to-date.
We may want to also implement that in Aodh at some point.

For Ceilometer, I don't think we want to put much effort in it. The v2
API is being deprecated and slowly moved out of our way. The /v2/events
API is being moved in a 4th project, named Panko, that will follow
Gnocchi & Aodh in term of documentation.

I hope that'll clarify things!

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou