[OpenStack-docs] What's Up, Doc? 6 May 2016

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Fri May 6 22:55:10 UTC 2016

One significant advantage of central documentation involves providing
content in a single location with consistent structure or format that best
serves the particular audience. Moving most or all documentation into
project trees essentially eliminates this advantage, leaving our audiences
with an impression that OpenStack consists of many loosely associated
projects rather than a coherent cloud computing solution. However, as a
contributor to a few other OpenStack projects who helps other developers
contribute to central documentation, I can understand some of the
frustrations with it. I prefer to resolve these frustrations and have some
ideas that I intend to float in separate thread, but if you don't think
that's possible, consider submitting a spec to change the primary purpose
of the central documentation team to simply managing links to content in
the project trees.