[OpenStack-docs] How to keep the theme header in sync

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon May 2 06:18:58 UTC 2016

On 05/02/2016 07:54 AM, Tomoyuki Kato wrote:
>>> Merging https://review.openstack.org/#/c/311587/ reminds me of a subject I forgot to discuss in Austin.
>>>
>>> We use the header/footer as well as the footer in openstackdocstheme, website, planet, ...
>>>
>>> Is it possible to declare one of the repositories as master for the header/footer to be able to automate the sync?
>>
>> Probably possible to pull directly from the openstack-org repo somehow[1].
>>
>> Jimmy would know more :)
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>> Tom
>
> Just an idea.
> How about getting the template files from [2] dynamically with publication job script.
> Or, propose a contents sync patch.

Ideal would be if we only had one copy of these headers on the complete
side and could use those from everywhere - instead of having these for
each and every guide. But that is a major step forward...

But it needs to be done in a way that building and viewing locally -
including offline work - is possible.

I'm fine also with downloading at publishing time, if there's a fallback
for offline building and viewing,

        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)