[OpenStack-docs] Documentation repository for official project

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Sun May 1 16:52:26 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2016-05-01 05:17:23 -0500 (-0500), Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> > Do you mean that non-official projects can publish their documents
> > to docs.o.o? Previously I proposed a patch to add
> > openstack-server-publish-jobs of non-official project, I was said
> > only official projects can publish docs to docs.o.o. Is there any
> > policy change?
> [...]
>
> The Infra team's project-config reviewers have traditionally
> rejected attempts to publish documentation for non-OpenStack
> projects (i.e. those not currently approved by the TC as teams under
> the "big tent") to http://docs.openstack.org/ due to our
> interpretation of the Docs team's desire for only OpenStack projects
> to appear on that site. In the past, concern was expressed that
> having an unofficial project's documentation appear there would
> generate confusion as to whether it was officially endorsed by
> OpenStack.

Yes, this is the reason we need to carefully consider what belongs on
docs.openstack.org and developer.openstack.org.

Do not publish to docs.openstack.org unless the project is listed in
https://github.com/openstack/governance/blob/master/reference/projects.yaml

To be governed as an official OpenStack project, you must agree to work
like the other OpenStack projects. Follow the steps here to learn more and
apply to become an official OpenStack project:
http://governance.openstack.org/reference/new-projects-requirements.html

Jeremy Stanley

Anne Gentle
www.justwriteclick.com