[OpenStack-docs] [training-guides] Suggestion of linking some content to user-guide

Pančur, Matjaž Matjaz.Pancur at fri.uni-lj.si
Sun May 1 09:56:37 UTC 2016

Hi Ian,

> On 29 Apr 2016, at 21:49, Ian Y. Choi <ianyrchoi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Matjaž and training-guides guys,
>

> I have just uploaded an initial Gerrit review for "Using with Horizon" section in associate-guide
>
> : https://review.openstack.org/#/c/295016/ .

Thanks for your effort! I’ll look into it.

> I have found that most parts explain some procedures to use Horizon,
>
> and those are similar with user-guide a lot.
>
> For example, "Add keypairs" on previous training-guides content
>
> ( http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/training-guides/content/associate-controller-node.html )
>
> is quite similar with "Add a key pair" in user-guide
>
> ( http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/configure_access_and_security_for_instances.html ).
>

> Originally I wanted to make use of "..note::" directive for that kind of explanations, but
>
> IMO in this case adding a link to user-guide is good.
>
> Any other ideas or suggestions?

Generally speaking, we should include key points on the slides and use links to the User guide or any other Docs you reference in the slide Notes, so the trainer (speaker) can prepare and read the longer version of the material. This is also necessary if you use this material as a self-study guide or if you want to refresh your memory after a training. During presentation, you walk the audience through key points on the slides. Do not use old Icehouse version of the Training guides.

Matjaz