[OpenStack-docs] Install Guide Testing - Update

Steve Martinelli stevemar at ca.ibm.com
Wed Mar 23 20:40:58 UTC 2016

There are two things at play here...

1) recommended deployment: I don't recall anyone recommending uwsgi over
mod_wsgi for running keystone. We've tested mod_wsgi in the gate for a
while now and strongly recommend that. We only recently got uwsgi working.

2) initial setup/configuration: the new keystone-manage bootstrap command
should eliminate a bunch of the previous steps that were needed. But using
the ADMIN_TOKEN (the current instructions) should work, the only extra step
is now we need to create a default domain too. The bootstrap option landed
back in mitaka-1 and should be used in favor of the ADMIN_TOKEN option.

So, I'm fine with https://review.openstack.org/#/c/289889/ being abandoned
and the Mitaka instructions suggesting the ADMIN_TOKEN way of configuring
keystone, it should work just fine like it did for many releases.

Thanks,

Steve Martinelli
OpenStack Keystone Project Team Lead