[OpenStack-docs] User guide and the OpenStack client

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Jul 11 18:32:37 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Matt Kassawara <mkassawara at gmail.com> wrote:
> While working on some content for the networking guide, I wanted to link to
> the user guide if the audience requires additional help with OpenStack
> client commands. However, the user guide only seems to include the legacy
> clients. What's the plan for updating it with OpenStack client content? The
> CLI reference isn't particularly useful by itself.

I've had recent patches where I've made sure commands are openstack
commands. I think we should generally always require openstack on new
content and any edits as well. Seems like we are in reviews lately.

There isn't a known change effort at this point however. If someone
wants to take it on, it's a fairly straightforward task. Pre-reqs
would be a working cloud and the latest clients, so you can test
before updating.

Anne Gentle
www.justwriteclick.com