[OpenStack-docs] API Reference versioning

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Wed Jul 6 21:56:11 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Atsushi SAKAI <sakaia at jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Tom,
>
>> So, what would help better explain versioning in the API context? A
>> table lookup for API version matched to release?
>>
>> This input will help with both the landing page project and the
>> navigation work in progress.
>
> The versioning description seems different with each component
> In any case, it is difficult.
>
> nothing
>   http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/compute/
>   http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/orchestration/
>   http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/baremetal/   => only one version
>   http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-objectstorage-v1.html
>
> some description
>   http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/image/
>   http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/identity/

Yes, it is difficult across services to convey what this user wants.

Also look at https://api.os.gra.ham.ie/mv-select/ where Graham Hayes
is working on microversions in a drop-down selector. I think this type
of interface is likely what this user is looking for, but would like
to confirm.

Any input on the above navigation addition?