[OpenStack-docs] Menu update

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Wed Jan 13 22:16:28 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Lana Brindley <openstack at lanabrindley.com>
wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> This seems to be a trivial fix, do you have any concerns about adding this?

Well... not really in context of larger web dev needs we have.

It's certainly best to match, but the js file inclusion may need to be
visited with an eye towards the privacy/openness concerns:
 minified javascript:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1523521
CDN optional: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1523524
load external sources through https:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1523524

Jimmy, feel free to click through those and see if you have solutions at
hand. Thanks for bringing up the mismatch!

Side note: I can't get to devmenu.openstack.org to take a look (DNS lookup
failure).

> Lana
>
> On 14/01/16 03:08, Jimmy McArthur wrote:
> > Lana,
> >
> > Good day! I work with the OpenStack Foundation and I wanted to let you
> know we recently updated our menu to add a new section, Speakers Bureau,
> under Community.  I attempted to do a pull request on the repo, but I found
> that
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstackdocstheme/diff/openstackdocstheme/theme/openstackdocs/header.html
> doesn't actually match what's currently on the site.
> >
> > It might be easiest to simply update to the menu include we created,
> which will update automatically when we update the site. To see a sample of
> this, you can look here: http://devmenu.openstack.org/
> >
> >     <nav class="navbar navbar-default" role="navigation">
> id="bs-example-navbar-collapse-1">
> >                 <ul id="menu_widget_container" class="nav navbar-nav
> navbar-main show"></ul>
> >     </nav>
> >
> > The only required element is the <ul> but the rest is necessary for
> styling purposes.
> >
> > Then include the widget :
> > <script type="text/javascript" src="
> http://www.openstack.org/themes/openstack/javascript/menu-widget.js
> "></script>
> >
> > Bootstrap and jquery are required as well.
> >
> > Let me know if I can answer any questions/concerns.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Jimmy
> >

> - --
> Lana Brindley