[OpenStack-docs] Need help with FirstApp Doc for heat

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Tue Aug 30 21:14:06 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 3:53 PM, Lana Brindley <openstack at lanabrindley.com>
wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> FirstApp docs aren't part of the openstack-manuals project. I think Tom
> (cc'd) can probably help you out with contribution information.

It is:
https://github.com/openstack/governance/blob/master/reference/projects.yaml#L430

I'd like to hear ideas for where this exact content belongs really -- it's
the firstapp, deployed with Orchestration (heat), right? Seems like this
content could be in its own chapter, ignoring any conditionals, or making
the entire chapter conditional for its own output.

Say more about the outline you're proposing, and when/where/why this
chapter http://developer.openstack.org/firstapp-libcloud/orchestration.html
is opposite of your thinking for inserting heat templates in the guide?

Anne

> Thanks,
> Lana
>
> On 31/08/16 01:19, Sterrett, Craig wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I have been asked to create a FirstApp for heat.  It looks like the
> FirstApp documents get generated with lots of static text, and modifying
> the code blocks for the different SDKs.  My problem is that I would like to
> modify a lot of the static text, since it is fairly specific to SDKs and
> not really accurate for heat.  I would also like to rename a section,
> changing the Orchestration section to Autoscaling since all of my document
> is Orchestration.
> >
> > Any suggestions about the best way to go about this?
> >
> > Thanks, Craig Sterrett

> Lana Brindley
> Technical Writer
> Rackspace Cloud Builders Australia