[OpenStack-docs] Install Guide Testing in 3 ... 2 ...

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Tue Aug 23 05:02:07 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

We're only about six weeks out from Newton, and that means our favourite time of the release cycle is nearly upon us: Installation Guide testing time!

We're hoping to begin testing in the next week or so, from the beginning of September. That means we need to get packages to test against Real Soon Now.

With our new format, the amount of testing should be reduced, as we're now only testing the core projects (that's Nova, Glance, Keystone, Neutron, Cinder, and Horizon). That said, we will need to test against Ubuntu, RHEL/CentOS, OpenSUSE/SLES, and Debian/Debconf. I've created a new testing page here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/NewtonDocTesting#Installation_Guide

Packagers: can you please point us to your most recent pre-release Mitaka packages? The faster we get access to your packages, the faster we'll get through testing, and that means hopefully no delays on publishing books for your distro.

Writers: please consider being an Install Guide tester for this round. It's a great way to improve your technical knowledge, and the more people we have testing, the better and faster we'll get through it.

Any questions at all, please contact me directly, or send to the documentation mailing list.

Cheers,
Lana

--
Lana Brindley